Health and Safety Courses
*Please scroll down for course duration and booking details.
A climate of increasing health and safety legislation and liabilities
In a climate of increasing health and safety legislation and liabilities, organisations of all sizes and industry sectors are now implementing management systems as a framework for improving their health and safety performance.
Failure to take responsibility for occupational health and safety
Failure to take responsibility for occupational health and safety within your organisation could lead to serious consequences. Not only do you risk large financial penalties, but most importantly your reputation could be at stake through public naming and shaming. Why subject your organisation to a criminal record and hefty fine?
Employers are responsible...
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions and the right systems and methods for safe activities. Employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude to ensure this knowledge is implemented. This demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks.
Choosing to implement a formal health and safety management system will ensure you stay on the right side of the law and brings with it a number of benefits including:
- Identification of legal and other requirements
- A clear structure for authority and responsibility
- Measurable objectives for improvement
- A structured approach to risk assessment
- A planned and documented approach to health and safety
- The monitoring of health and safety issues and auditing of performance
In addition to the above benefits, financial benefits can also be achieved that include:
- A reduction in accidents and occupational ill health
- A reduction in stress and an increase in productivity
- A reduction in the likelihood of paying legal costs and compensation
- An improvement in underwriting risk
All qualifications are Ofqual accredited qualifications
All qualifications are Ofqual accredited qualifications in Health and Safety and will assist businesses to comply with their legal requirements by demonstrating that members of staff have been trained in preventative approaches to hazards and promoting a 'safe practice' culture. Moreover, they are designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public and are applicable in any private or public sector environment.